Green Flag Award
Are you looking for ways to elevate your green space? Do you want to be recognised at an international level and encourage a sense of civic pride in your community? Why not apply to be a part of the international Green Flag Award® scheme!
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
The Green Flag Award® aims to...
- Ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- Ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- Establish standards of good management.
- Promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- Recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
Find out which parks and open spaces in New Zealand are current Green Flag Award® winners here.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE GREEN FLAG AWARD® SCHEME ARE OPEN UNTIL 29 APRIL 2024
For more information on the application process, or if you're interested in becoming a Green Flag judge, please email Kieran Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick guide for submitting a Green Flag Award® application
APPLY ON THE GREEN FLAG WEBSITE
Below are some resources with more information about the Green Flag Award® and what it takes to be an internationally recognised park/green space.