Presented annually at the Green Pavlova conference, the Parks Awards recognise Aotearoa's outstanding open spaces and places, and individuals within the sector.
The 2023 Parks Awards are open for nominations now. Please see the bottom of the page for terms and conditions.
Healthy Park Award
Awarded to urban parks, town squares, community hubs, regional, local, and forestry parks. This is for an outstanding natural environment that may or may not have built structures within it.
Active Park / Sports Ground Award
Awarded to an active adventure park and/or sports park. This is for an outstanding environment that may or may not have built structures within it.
Awarded to any playground type that may stand alone or be within an existing park. This is for an outstanding place that may have natural or built structures within it.
All applications are to supply:
- A one minute video – to give a high-level overview of the applicant.
- Three photos – to showcase the applicant
- A written submission that provides data / evidence to show how the applicant meets each of the judging criteria, maximum of 400 words per criteria
Applications/nominations must respond to each of the judging criteria specified for each award. Applications that do not address or provide relevant evidence for each criteria will likely score lower than those that do.
Photos and videos may be used to showcase the applicants and winners at the Awards Presentation Dinner.
Please note winners will NOT be notified prior to the Awards’ ceremony so we encourage all nominees to attend the awards dinner. All nominations are to be made electronically. No hard copies will be accepted.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 17 March 2023.
Who can apply?
- Any organisation or individual who is involved in parks, play, and open spaces.
- An organisation can apply for recognition themselves, or be nominated by another party
- The Parks Person of the Year will be awarded to an individual
- Applicants do not need to be members of Recreation Aotearoa (however will be given automatic virtual membership)