Outdoor Activity Fund
Outdoor Activity Fund: Round 3 Awarded
We are excited to announce the recipients of Round 3 of the Outdoor Activity Fund. The response to this round of funding was staggering, with 35 applicants seeking over $750,000.
The purpose of the fund is to enhance diversity and inclusion in outdoor recreation, and to connect people with their culture through the outdoors. For Māori, we will support projects that engage Māori as Māori in outdoor activities. For non-Māori we will support projects that help to overcome barriers and enhance accessibility. Specifically for projects that increase engagement in the outdoors for asian and pacific people, and for people with disabilities. Encompassed within all projects we want to support those that encourage young people and families to engage in outdoor activities.
2019-20 is the third round of the fund and will support the following projects that grow the engagement of Māori and non-Māori who are underrepresented in participation in outdoor activities.
- The Shift Foundation - a focus on young women
- Adventure Specialties Trust Tamaki Makaurau - a project focused on engaging Māori
- Hillary Outdoors - a focus on Māori and Pasifika students
- Wilderness Canoe Trust - a focus on people with disabilities and special needs
- Aotearoa Water Patrol - a project focused on Māori and youth
- Rotorua Lakes Council - a focus on people with disabilities
- Te Waiariki Purea Trust - a focus on young Māori
- Outward Bound - a focus on young women
- YMCA North - a focus on young Asian students
- Women's Organisation of the Waikato Muslim Association - a focus on young women
- Kelston Deaf Education Centre - a project focused on helping the deaf
- Youthtown - a focus on Pasifika students
We will be following each of the projects closely and sharing their learnings through a series of case studies in the coming months.
Thanks to all that applied and congratulations to the recipients.
Outdoor Activity Fund: Case Studies
As Round 3 of the Outdoor Activity Fund is awarded, we are looking back at the funding recipients in Round 2 and the fantastic projects they delivered. Find out more about our previous 6 projects below: