Outdoor Activity Fund
Outdoor Activity Fund: Round 4
Applications for Round 4 of the Outdoor Activity Fund are now open. The purpose of the fund is to enhance diversity and inclusion in outdoor recreation, and to connect people with their culture through the outdoors.
- Applications open: 26 Feb 2021
- Deadline for questions: 26 Mar 2021
- Deadline for proposals: 16 Apr 2021
This fund will be one of parity between Māori and non-Māori, that is, Tangata Whenua and Tangata Te Tiriti. This means we will be funding projects that increase participation of Tangata Whenua as Māori in outdoor activities, as well as projects that increase participation of underrepresented groups in the outdoors. The groups under Tangata Te Tiriti cover all ethnicities and include rangatahi, people with disabilities and women and girls.
The Outdoor Activity Fund achieves the above goals by:
1. Providing a source of funding for existing outdoor activity providers to develop new programmes for connecting Māori with their culture and involving underrepresented groups in outdoor recreation.
2. Helping outdoor activity providers promote and share with the rest of the outdoor sector their learnings from designing and delivering these programmes. Projects that receive funding will have to produce a video case study, assisted by Recreation Aotearoa.
For the purposes of this fund, we will support programmes that engage Tangata Whenua as Māori in the outdoors, and increase participation of Tangata Te Tiriti in underrepresented groups, including rangatahi, people with disabilities and women and girls.