Current Green Flag Award Winners
We are thrilled to announce that there are 24 Green Flag Award® winning parks and open spaces in New Zealand for 2020/21
- Randwick Park, Auckland
- Ambury Regional Park, Auckland
- King Edward Park, Hawera
- Thompson House, Levin
- Queen Elizabeth Park, Masterton
- Henley Lake, Masterton (first time recipient)
- Te Mata Peak, Hastings
- Wellington Botanical Gardens, Wellington
- Bolton Street Cemetery, Wellington
- Otari-Wiltons Bush, Wellington
- Holben Reserve, Foxton (first time recipient)
- Auckland Domain, Auckland
- Gisborne Botanical Gardens, Gisborne
- TECT Park, Western BOP
- Cornwall Park, Hastings
- Pukekura Park, New Plymouth
- Havelock North Village Green, Hastings
- Flaxmere Park, Hastings
- Waikumete Cemetery, Auckland
- Driscoll Reserve, Horowhenua
- Parrs Park, Auckland
- Long Bay Regional Park, Auckland
- Sanders Reserve, Auckland
- Tawharanui Regional Park, Auckland
We want all of our parks in NZ to achieve the Green Flag standard - contact us if you think your local park deserves a Green Flag!
The benefits of winning a Green Flag Award®
Winning a Green Flag Award® brings with it a wealth of benefits, from the status of being affiliated with a prestigious awards programme through to tangible benefits such as boosting tourism and opening up revenue opportunities.
- Showcasing your award - Each year, winners receive a Green Flag or Green Flag Community Award Flag. Those with Green Heritage Site Accreditation also receive a plaque to promote the status.
- Enhanced pride and reputation - As the international standard for parks and green spaces, holding a Green Flag Award® brings with it a vast amount of prestige. It is also an excellent example of civic achievement and provides communities with a great sense of civic pride.
- Improvement - Winning a Green Flag Award® visibly demonstrates to the local community that a clear improvement has been made to a site.
- Regeneration - Improving facilities at a park/green space and engaging more with the local community can have a knock on effect to the regeneration of an area. Upgrading a site to achieve Green Flag status can, for example, bring about improvements to health and education, reduce crime and improve the general cleanliness of an area, whilst at the same time providing a boost to its profile.
- Increasing tourism - Having a Green Flag Award® is an excellent attraction for tourism. Research shows that people will make special trips to award-winning sites. What's more, by holding popular events at your site, you will guarantee yourself repeat visits.
- PR and marketing - Award winners have the opportunity to use the Green Flag Award® logos on all of their publicity and marketing materials, such as stationery, promotional literature, vehicles and uniforms. Winners are also provided with template press releases throughout the year that they can use as they wish.
- Green Flag Award website - Every winner has their own dedicated page on the Green Flag Award® website. This is fully customisable and a whole range of content can be included, such as a description of the park/green space, contact information website address, facilities and events