Recreation Aotearoa Strengthen & Adapt Project
Where are we going?
- Through our members all tāngata o Aotearoa can access recreation opportunities regardless of location, age, ethnicity, gender, ability, or socio-economic status.
- Recreation Aotearoa and members will improve cultural capability, increase Māori membership and the number of iwi relationships.
- To explore new approaches to co-governance/co-leadership with Māori
- A place where our strategy is linked to reality.
- Revitalisation of mātauranga Māori within the recreation sectors.
What does it mean for you?
This project may see a change of our own structure and operation – which will impact the way we communicate and work with you. But most importantly it will take a deep dive into the enhancement of your own work and give an insight into recreation from both a Māori and non-Māori worldview. We hope that this project will give you the support and resources to build relationships with Māori in your local area and drive better recreational outcomes for all.
We will be creating opportunities for you to have your input and to become a part of this journey with us. In the meantime we ask that you comeplete our survey to share your thoughts and views on this project. We value any input and look forward to continuing on this journey with you.