Outdoor Education Support Fund
The Outdoor Education Support fund is a $1.5m fund designed for organisations that provide outdoor education opportunities for tamariki and rangatahi, and who do not receive investment directly from Sport NZ .
Recreation Aotearoa are delighted to be managing this fund on behalf of Sport NZ. It has been made available from the Sport Recovery Package that was announced in 2020.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
|ELIGIBILITY & WHO CAN APPLY|
The Fund is open to national and regional organisations whose main purpose is to provide outdoor education, including to tamariki and rangatahi, and that are experiencing short term financial hardship due to the impact of the COVID-19 Delta lockdown in 2021. Eligible organisations must be able to demonstrate that they engage with more than 500 tamariki (children aged 5-11) and rangatahi (young people aged 12-18) annually.
For the purposes of this Fund we are defining a national organisation as one that operates across many regions of Aotearoa New Zealand so that it could be considered to have ‘national reach’, or provides opportunities to participants from across Aotearoa New Zealand. And, for the purposes of the Fund, regional organisations are those that provide opportunities for children and young people from across the region.
Eligible applicants must be an incorporated society, registered charity, charitable trust, or social enterprise.
This Fund is for organisations that are materially negatively impacted by COVID-19, and have suffered from loss of revenue due to lockdown Delta in 2021.
For information about who is not eligible to apply, please refer to the Application Guidleines document in the HOW TO APPLY section.
|WHAT CAN BE FUNDED|
- Accountancy support arrangements, and other fixed costs associated with the Annual General Meeting
- Audit fees
- Costs of events or programmes that had to be cancelled (not just delayed) because of Covid-19 alert levels in 2021, where the costs can’t be eliminated
- Costs of meeting new requirements to operate at Alert Level 2
- Equipment hire
- Fleet or vehicle costs (leases and on-road costs)
- IT support arrangements
- Regular maintenance that is normally scheduled for this time of year (i.e. August to October)
- Rent or facilities hire
|HOW TO APPLY|