Save the Date: Youth in Outdoors Summit
Recreation Aotearoa in collaboration with the Youth Forum Group are planning a dedicated Youth in Outdoors Summit on Monday 22 June. This group have been meeting one to two times a year to work on common goals and issues that present across New Zealand. Previous outcomes from this group are the Good Practice Guidelines. They are next meeting in mid-March and in the meantime have been contributing to the programme content for this dedicated One Day Summit.
This Summit will be designed for those who engage with Youth in an Outdoor setting, perhaps through outdoor pursuits or programmes relating to place and local environment through active outdoor recreation. The proposed outline below is open for feedback and suggestions
The Outdoors Awards for 2019 / 2020 will be awarded during the Summit. Nominations will open next month.
Suggested Topics to include are:
- Rangatahi in Active Outdoor Recreation.
- Working with New Migrant Leaders
- NCEA review and Camp donations scheme - are you prepared, what is impact
- Funding - the new landscape, opportunities
- Workforce - Tourism & Education / Professional & Volunteers
- Climate Change - Impact and Responses
- Impact of Smart Phones and Devices
- Stages of Leadership and the transitions particular to youth / outdoors / social workers
- Outdoor Sector Manifesto
- Outdoor Activity Fund - Case Study Presentations
Summit format will include:
- Power Sessions / Ted Talk Style with Q&A
- Expert / Experienced Panel Discussions
Calling members and friends for submissions and case studies, please contact Fiona Ryder on 021 024 95 914 or email@example.com