Reserves and Facilities Planner - Nelson City Council
Shaping Nelson's parks and facilities assets | Planning and strategy emphasis | Energetic, passionate and fun team
The Parks and Facilities team covers a wide range of activities including planning and managing Nelson's parks and reserves (including conservation reserves), playgrounds, campgrounds, trees, walking and mountain biking trails, cemeteries, community halls, public toilets and swimming pools.
Specifically this role will involve engaging in planning and strategy work that will help improve Nelson's environment and recreation including:
- addressing recreation issues
- supporting Nelson's sporting codes
- updating and preparing reserve management and development plans and strategies; and
- supporting the improvement of Nelson's Parks and Facilities operations
In summary there is significant scope to enjoy working on a wide range of parks and facilities related issues and opportunities.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please address the following preferred criteria in your cover letter:
- a background in reserves, recreation, and facility regulatory and non-regulatory planning and/or policy
- awareness of public consultation and public engagement methodologies
- sound research, reporting and analysis skills
- high level interpersonal and relationship management ability
- a degree in Parks/Recreation/Facility Management Planning or other relevant qualification
- knowledge of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori is also desirable
From developing technical concepts and ideas, through to leading and supporting projects, liaising with our community, and delivering great outcomes for Nelson, this role has fantastic variety and will enable you to continue to build on your professional development.
"Working together to make Nelson an even better place"
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Nelson as the city continues to grow and thrive. We have amazing weather and a gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. Whether it be major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: Midnight on Tuesday 23 August 2022
All new staff to Nelson City Council are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to provide evidence of your vaccination status in order to be considered for this role.
For more information about the role please contact: Paul Harrington, Team Leader Parks and Facilities Activity Management on 03 546 0388