Outdoor Programme Manager - Recreation Aotearoa
- Based in Wellington or Christchurch; but other NZ locations will be considered
- Champion high quality recreation for the benefit of NZ
- 20 hours per week with huge flexibility
Have a passion for the outdoors? Join us at Recreation Aotearoa in the role of Outdoor Programme Manager.
We are the voice of Recreation in Aotearoa, representing all professionals in the industry. We empower our members to deliver the quality Recreation experiences, places and facilities, that fuel a more active, healthy, and connected NZ.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Facilitate networking and professional development opportunities.
- Project Management
- Development and maintenance of good practice guidance for the outdoor recreation sector.
- Produce engaging written content for newsletters and social media.
Qualifications & experience
- 5+ years in facilitating or managing outdoor recreation experiences in NZ.
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously. Strong time management capabilities and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- The ability to develop, strengthen, and maintain a network of contacts within the outdoor recreation sector
- A qualification from a recognised tertiary provider, NZOIA or Skills Active, is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Adventure Activity Regulations and/or the Support Adventure website would be advantageous.
- Flexible schedule. The role is for 20 hours per week and can fit around existing commitments.
- Flexible location. Wellington or Christchurch preferred but exceptional candidates from other parts of NZ will be considered.
- Can work from home.
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 18 January 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069