Motutapu Outdoor Education Camp Trust - Maintenance Coordinator
Reports To: Facility Manager / Operations Manager
To ensure the smooth running of all Motutapu Outdoor Education Camp (MOEC) facilities through effective maintenance and co-ordination of suppliers and recording systems. This is to be achieved through a combination of hands-on delivery and delegation of tasks to other team members, and/or outsource providers.
The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure that all maintenance related tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
Monitoring / compliance:
• Ensure MOEC is compliant will all regulatory requirements such as water use and quality testing, electrical testing and compliance, Fire and Building WOF inspections, Waste Water monitoring and servicing.
• Update and maintain Service Requirements and Schedules to ensure all equipment is maintained in a fully operational, compliant condition at all times.
Outsource Provider Management
Research, select and oversee outside contractors to achieve the required result on time and within budget
Evaluate relative merits of out-sourcing as opposed to other options and provide report to Facility Manager prior to any final decisions being made / orders placed
General Maintenance tasks
The following is not intended to be a complete list, however as a guideline, the following maintenance tasks are the responsibility of this role:
Ensure grounds are maintained to a high level
Undertake maintenance and basic repairs to plumbing, water supply, waste water systems etc.
Undertake maintenance and basic repairs to electrical system including lighting, appliances, tools and other equipment.
Complete basic maintenance of buildings including; carpentry, glazing, painting.
• Where a higher level of skill is required to complete these tasks, proactively identify this, and identify and engage a suitable provider. subject to criteria above.
Vehicle and Machinery Maintenance Tasks
It is the responsibility of this role to ensure that the vehicle fleet and all machinery are properly maintained. This may include:
• Complete basic maintenance of a variety of vehicles and manage scheduled servicing.
• Ensure regular checks are completed and that the vehicle fleet is operational and legally compliant at all times.
• Evaluate current Vehicle fleet regarding "fitness for purpose". Research future vehicles and make recommendations to Facility Manager
• Maintain and revaluate current machinery and equipment, evaluate possible equipment required.
• Participate in Client / Contractor / Staff pickups and drop offs as required
• Ensure a high level of professionalism in the outputs, by maintaining high personal standards and producing quality work in a timely and accurate way
• Successful coordination of high quality, timely and cost effective services to meet stakeholder measures and outcomes
• Compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, by-laws and Company Policies and procedures at all times
• Work with other team members across the business to achieve consistent goals
• To adhere to and promote MOEC values at all times
• Self-development of skills and knowledge to attain high levels of expertise in varied fields.
• Adherence to, and of promotion of Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times
• Diligent completion of allocated tasks in a timely and accurate way at all times
• To carry out any such other duties as the employer from time to time may reasonably require.
This job description is intended to outline the principal duties and responsibilities of this role. However, this is no way limits the requirement to act at all times to support all of MOEC's efforts. As such the incumbent may be required to take on tasks out with the scope of this role. It is also not intended to limit the opportunities for MOEC's staff to gain experience in other areas provided the needs of the principal duties are covered to the satisfaction of Management.
Teamwork: Works as an effective member of the team towards achieving the team goals.
Initiative & Problem Solving: Demonstrates appropriate levels of initiative by thinking outside the box and providing appropriate suggestions or implementing changes as appropriate to job level.
Time Management/ Flexibility & multitasking: Manages workloads within appropriate timescales, making use of available tools and resources.
Quality & Accuracy: Ensures quality of work adheres to company standards at all times.
Professionalism: Behaves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Reflecting the appropriate company image.
Communication: Demonstrates effective, accurate written and oral communication both with internal and external customers.
Sensible spending: Ensures appropriate use of company resources at all times
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org