Youth Team Members (Sports & Outdoors Focus)
Youthtown - Youth Team Members (Sports & Outdoors Focus)
***1 x permanent fulltime and 2 fixed term (Aug 2019 - April 2020) roles available
He angitūtanga… the opportunity
If you have a passion for working with our rangitahi/young people, you are an awesome role model, and a sports and outdoors enthusiast with high energy levels, then becoming part of our youth team at Youthtown could be the perfect choice for you! We are looking for people with strong people skills who are passionate about working with youth.
At Youthtown we offer a fantastic organisation culture, real development opportunities, and we are renowned for looking after our staff. Our values of belonging, mastery, generosity and independence are central to all that we do.
He kōrero mōu… About you
You will be…
• Skilled at delivering varied programmes to youth including outdoors, sports and leadership activities
• A great team player, self-managing and motivated with an outgoing personality
• Energetic, enthusiastic and have a "can-do" attitude
• Confident, adaptable and flexible to your work environment and young people you will be working with
• Fabulous at building relationships with youth, their parents/carers and teachers and possible other external organisations.
• Able to work flexible working hours
You will have…
• A passion for working with rangitahi and youth development
• Outstanding communication skills with an ability to connect with young people
• The ability to work collaboratively with our team to implement our outdoors programmes
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Experience and preferably recognised qualifications in your chosen area of outdoors instruction e.g. be able to instruct water safety and/or have rock climbing and/or abseiling qualifications
• A full, clean New Zealand driver's license (preferred)
• First Aid Certificate (preferred)
• The ability to accurately complete admin tasks where required
Most importantly you will display professionalism and role-modelling behaviours in all that you do! You will have a strong personal ethic in youth, sports and outdoor and environmental education.
If you love working within a busy and exciting environment, and enjoy being a valued member of a small, supportive team, don't delay…APPLY NOW!
We have 3 roles available; One is a permanent full time role, and two roles are full time for a fixed term of August 2019 - April 2020. Variable hours of work will be required (including weekend work at times).
Apply now here https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39412244
Applications close: 22nd July 2019
Note that Youthtown is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care. It is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent and the intent of the Vulnerable Children Act (2014) to improve the well-being of vulnerable children. Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check.