Green Pavlova 2020 Abstracts
Applications are now open for you to submit an abstract for Green Pavlova 2020.
We'd love to hear from you if you would like to present to the Asia-Pacific parks and open spaces industry on 4-7 May 2020 in Rotorua, NZ.
Please submit your abstract no later than 27 September 2019.
The industry areas covered by the conference will be parks and open spaces, play, amenity, turf, facilities, contracting and sport hubs. The themes of the 2020 conference are as follows:
Sustainability, resilience and climate change
- Sustainable development towards a low carbon future
- Conservation, urban greening and biodiversity - are we fit for the future ?
- Regenerative design, designing with nature - biomimicry, biophilia
Health and wellbeing
- The benefits of connecting with nature - the value of parks
- Parks and liveable cities, SMART technologies
- Nature play
- Activating parks through recreation
Co-governance and co-management
- Applying the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Māori world view of parks and recreation, connection between people and land
- Case studies of successful co-governance and co-management
Community and leadership
- Community empowerment, engagement, social procurement
- Optimising use of sports and recreation facilities
- Future focussed parks workforce and contracting models