Atua Matua 2019
Nau mai haere mai ki te whānau
In this unique Wānanga your will experience the incredible potential of Atua Matua as a framework to enhance the recreation and outdoor education opportunities for your communities.
Discover how the health of our people and places can begin with connections to the environment.
Join us for a life-changing journey into Te Ao Māori and te reo - the world will never look the same to you again.
What will the wānanga include?
- Practical experience of the Atua Matua framework - systems approaches, understanding environmental effect and how we engage with recreation, mountains, outdoors content of how we might engage with these places, practical experiences
- Introduction to Current Māori frameworks that link to recreation, sport, outdoor education, physical education, wheke, nga mana, te whare tapa wha
- Opportunity to engage with local marae and tikanga through three noho (staying over)
- At 4 locations over a 5-month period, each location encompasses a two-day programme with overnight accommodation including all meals.
- There are only 12 places available
How can I whakauru/apply?This unique opportunity is limited to twelve participants by application only. Apply now if you are:
- A leader or emergent leader in your field
- Physically able to participate in moderate level outdoor recreation activities including mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, waka and tramping and trail running
- Committed to making changes in your practices and for your communities