Spaces & Places Consultant (Fixed Term)- Sport New Zealand
Play, Active Recreation and Sport create happier, healthier people, better connected communities, and a stronger Aotearoa New Zealand. The Sport New Zealand Group (including Sport NZ and High Performance Sport NZ) is a kaitiaki (guardian) of the play, active recreation and sport system in Aotearoa New Zealand. As a crown agency, our purpose is to contribute to the wellbeing of everybody in Aotearoa New Zealand, as such our vision is bold Every Body Active. We are looking for a spaces and places expert to join our passionate team.
This 12 month, fixed-fixed term role, focused on the Auckland region, provides expertise, advice and support on spaces and places (facilities) planning, design, investment, construction, and operation. Engaging right across the community play, active recreation and sport system, this role is responsible for collaborating with key partners and stakeholders in Auckland with the aim of ensuring that Aucklanders have better places to play, recreate and compete.
To be successful this role requires someone with a passion for community play, active recreation and sport, complemented by the natural ability to build alignment and capability across the sector through strong relationships, effective consultation and support, along with the use of strategic tools and insight.
Essential skills and knowledge required in this role include:
- Relevant Parks, Sport and Recreation qualifications for the role with specialisation in sport and recreation facilities.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a similar role
- Specialist knowledge and considerable experience in the design, procurement, development, funding or operation/management of sports and recreation facilities
- Experienced in developing and implementing facilities strategies, including managing programmes and budgets
- Solid relationship management skills, effective in managing these internally, externally, and across all levels of organisations
- Experience in influencing and leading change in attitudes, processes and behaviours
- Experience in planning, managing, and prioritising multiple and competing tasks and projects to meet deadlines and produce quality results
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and present clearly to a wide range of audiences in a variety of situations
- Comprehensive understanding of play, active recreation and sport's wider value to society and system challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of Sport NZ's role and responsibilities as a Crown Agent and an awareness of the wider social and political context in which Sport NZ operates
For further information, please see the job description below. To be considered for this position, applications must be received through the Sport NZ recruitment portal.
Sport NZ is committed to upholding the mana of Te Tiriti o Waaitangi and the principles of Partnership, Protection and Participation.
Sport NZ is committed to becoming a fully equal opportunity employer who knows equity, diversity and inclusion lead to stronger whanaungatanga and improved organisational performance. We value and embrace differences and diverse ways of thinking and being - staff at Sport NZ are celebrated for who they are and their unique contributions to our business.
APPLCATIONS CLOSE 20 OCTOBER | APPLY NOW