Senior Cemetery Technician
Porirua City Council - Senior Cemetery Technician / Kaihangarau Matua Whare Whakatipu Urupa
Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You'll be part of a team that's collaborative, values input and empowers your development.
This is a leadership role, under the direction of the Cemetery Manager, you will be involved in the day to day running of the team that maintains and develops Porirua City Council Cemeteries. You will work closely with your other cemetery team members, Funeral Directors, bereaved family members, other council staff and the wider community.
You will be responsible for:
• the health and safety of you and your team
• preparing and supervising the preparation of burial plots
• attending and providing assistance with funeral proceedings as required
• assisting with the operation of the cremator, this may involve work outside of normal working hours
• maintaining and developing all gardens and turf areas to a high standard.
We are looking for someone with experience in this field.
You'll need to show us that you:
• are physically fit to undertake this role
• have experience with small tools and machinery
• have a clean Class 1 driver's licence, with wheels and tracks endorsement is advantageous
• will bring a customer service approach to everything you do
•a re available to work after 4pm on weekdays and some Saturday mornings if required
• have experience operating a digger, and it would be nice if you have horticultural qualifications and or Growsafe certification.
Come and join our Parks team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Daniel Chrisp on 237 1493 for more information.
For a position description and to apply, please visit pcc.careercentre.net.nz