Regional Connectivity Coordinator (North) - Sport Waikato
The opportunity - Te Whiwhinga mahi
Sport Waikato are committed to working together with key partners to achieve more in our regions. We are looking for a Regional Connectivity Coordinator to work with, and provide strategic leadership, to the Territorial Local Authorities in the North (Waikato District, Hamilton City and Waipa District) as well as to the local sport and active recreation organisations and providers in these areas.
The Regional Connectivity Coordinator(s) will lead the development of local play, active recreation and sport planning/strategy and will work closely with key partners to guide physical activity strategy, provision and investment. A critical part of this role will be ensuring alignment with council's Long-Term Plan and annual planning processes, regional and district level insights, Sport Waikato strategy - Moving Waikato, and sector need.
About you - Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role and to activate change for our region's people, we need someone who has:
- Experience working in and across local government settings, including annual planning and LTP processes
- Experience working in the New Zealand community sport sector
- A tertiary qualification in Sport Studies and Project management and/or planning qualification
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Experience leading strategy and projects