Treescape Project Manager - Grounds Maintenance
Contract type - Permanent
Working hours - Full Time
Application deadline - 04/12/2020
Treescape, is looking for a skilled and experienced Grounds Maintenance Manager. This role is responsible for effective leadership of the ground's maintenance contracts across the Upper North Island, spanning general Grounds and Facilities maintenance activities such as grass, hedge, shrub maintenance through to pest control services.
About the role
Grounds maintenance services delivered through the Hamilton Division team are focused on providing quality and a safe green environment to our various clients.
The successful candidate will be forward thinking, have excellent leadership qualities and skills to deliver consistently high-quality grounds maintenance services.
Whilst this role reports to the Business Manager, the role holder will be the horticultural and grounds specialist for the client and the "go to" person across the service.
The services span a wide area and the role always requires the ability to be reactive within a fast paced and challenging setting, taking ownership of ensuring that escalated risks are dealt with promptly and appropriate training is delivered.
Whilst the role focuses on the current services being delivered this role holder will be fundamental in forward planning and working with the wider management team to delivery service improvements and efficiencies.
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the delivery of day to day ground, facility and pest maintenance operations to industry best practice and safe working procedures and legislation.
- Responsible for planning, organising and co-ordinating the whole grounds and facilities maintenance workload among a team of skilled operatives, ensuring there is a balance between planned and reactional work.
- Managing Health and Safety - Accountable for completing regular risk assessments and producing safe systems of work. Provide ongoing training to the team to ensure that there skills and knowledge remain current, challenging and investigating breaches to a high level.
- Development and delivery of tailored training packages ensuring they remain up to date and in line with appropriate legislation.
- Provide effective leadership, support and guidance to a team of skilled operatives, including proactive performance management that includes field-based monitoring of work standards across all contracts.
The role holder will be a specialist and have significant and broad technical experience in Amenity Horticulture or Grounds and Facility Maintenance and will be competent in leading and guiding a team of skilled grounds and horticultural operatives to ensure that the services are delivered to high standard.
The successful candidate needs to have both technical and practical knowledge of a complex horticultural and grounds maintenance services.
You must have experience of using a wide range of specialist equipment and the skillsets to communicate effectively in a management and supportive environment.
You will have strong people management skills, managing a diverse team which works remotely.
As much of the sites are remote you must be willing to travel and if required stay away overnight.
The role will be closed on midnight Friday 4th December 2020, and interview will take place W/C 7th December 2020.
For more information please contact the Business Manager on 0272494199 or Hugo.Vanim@treescape.co.nz
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received enough applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.