Australasia Parks & Leisure Journal
The journal is a digital magazine that gives you a unique opportunity to share your stories with the multiple professions now involved in the development of park and leisure facilities in Australasia.
Put together by Recreation Aotearoa and Parks & Leisure Australia, the journal reaches 10,000 highly engaged industry professionals, PLUS, the enews is distributed to the 18,000+ subscribers of the Outdoor Design Source network.
*This journal is exclusive to paying Recreation Aotearoa and Parks & Leisure Australia members. We ask for your discretion that you do not share links to the journal publicly.
2023 Journal submission deadlines
26.3 Spring | Parks, Gardens & Conservation
Parks and Gardens • State and National Parks • Horticulture • Water Efficiency Usage Systems • Arboriculture • Cemetery Open Space • Climate Change and the Effect on our Parks Management • Sustainable Environments
Writers Deadline: 26 May 2023
Published: September 2023
26.4 Summer | Events, Tourism & Arts
Linking Recreation and Tourism • Cultural Events • Economic and Social Impact of Events • Dance Events • Community Engagement • Major Events • Art Installations
Writers Deadline: 13 October 2023
Published: December 2023
If you have any questions, please email our Marketing Manager.
Before submitting your article for review, please check it meets the below criteria:
- Feature articles are restricted to 1200 words in length.
- Please ensure the article has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided to the editor).
- The submission file must be in Microsoft Word (.doc), or PDF (.pdf) document file format.
- All images must be captioned and submitted as separate files and in .jpg .png .eps format with a minimum 300 dpi.
- Articles must include the name of the author for the by-line, and any photography credits.
- You must be a member of Recreation Aotearoa.