Central Otago District Council - Parks Officer - Projects
Reporting to the Parks and Recreation Manager, this position has a focus on delivering capital and renewal projects within the parks and recreation environment. With a rapidly growing population council has a significant ongoing capital works programme to deliver. This role would suit either a recent graduate or an experienced person looking for a rewarding role in a great location.
With a project focus, this role will suit someone with the following attributes:
• Experience and skills in contractor management is an advantage
• A high work rate, with sound planning, project management and administration skills.
• Some experience and knowledge of the operations and maintenance of public parks and reserves.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage well with the community and other key stakeholders
• A relevant tertiary or trade qualification in parks or recreation would be an advantage
• Experience in development of Reserve Management Plans and community consultation is an advantage
• On job training is provided
If this role appeals to you we would like to hear from you.
To apply or for further details of the job description visit the council's website www.codc.govt.nz/your-council/ under Vacancies.
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure your cover letter is specific about your experience and what you are looking for now.
Applications should be addressed to the Tracye Stedman, Manager, Human Resources, Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,