Parks Officer (Contracts) - Central Otago District Council
We have an exciting opportunity for a Parks Officer (Contracts) to join our team looking after the beautiful parks and reserves in the Central Otago district.
Based in Alexandra the Parks Officer (Contracts) will work closely with our contractors to ensure that the district's parks and open spaces are well maintained, clean and safe for the public to use. You will monitor the contractor's performance, costs, and quality of work so an eye for detail and strong communication skills is essential. Along with this, there are opportunities to connect with our community and build an understanding of customer needs and expectations to ensure our service keeps pace with demand.
We're looking for someone that's passionate about the outdoors, is an experienced problem solver, and who is motivated and willing to learn.
As the successful applicant you will have:
- qualifications in either horticulture, arboriculture, landscaping, irrigation or turf would be an advantage
- knowledge and experience in open space management, recreation or similar would be advantageous.
- strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- experience and an understanding of asset management practice
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- knowledge and experience of the contractual and financial aspects of contract management
- programme development and management experience
- proven relationship building experience
- sound analytical, practical and report writing skills.
- strong customer service skills combined with the drive to provide value to the community
- the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- a demonstrated sense of urgency to meet deadlines
What we offer:
A role with us will enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements (by application), training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
This is a permanent full-time position.
If you are interested in working in a challenging but rewarding environment, apply today!
A copy of the job description may be obtained via Council’s website www.codc.govt.nz/vacancies
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure your cover letter is specific about your experience and what you are looking for now.
Applications should be addressed to Lisa Wallis, Human Resources Advisor at Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday, 19 October 2021.