Kairuruku Kaupapa - Programmes Coordinator - Recreation Aotearoa
Recreation Aotearoa is the voice of Recreation in Aotearoa, representing all professionals in the industry. They empower their members to deliver the quality Recreation experiences, places and facilities, that fuel a more active, healthy, and connected Aotearoa.
They manage several quality assurance programmes for the recreation industry in order to uphold consistent professional standards for recreation workers, and in turn, improve participants' experiences. As Programmes Coordinator, you will have a key role in providing the technical administrative support for the delivery of these quality assurance programmes for the industry.
This is your chance to be part of the ‘go-to’ organisation for professionals involved in parks, play, aquatics and outdoor recreation throughout New Zealand and to make an important contribution through the provision of high quality, efficient and effective administrative support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Logistical administration for the Poolsafe and Green Flag Programme, including coordinating site visits, travel, accommodation and hire care bookings
- Database administration
- Reviewing, editing and formatting Poolsafe reports from Poolsafe Assessors
- Spreadsheet maintenance
- Document management and coordination
- Quality systems administration, demonstrations for potential users and set up for new users
- General support for the Programme Managers, including conferences
- Website administration
This is a great role in an organisation which offers genuine flexibility and work life balance, a very positive workplace culture and low staff turnover. You will be based in their central Wellington office three days a week, with Monday and Thursday as anchor days when all staff are in the office. The remainder of the week can be worked from home or the office. You will also receive an additional two hours per week of paid leave to spend doing something that contributes to your wellbeing.
- Proven administration experience in a similar role
- Experience in aquatics and/or the recreation sector would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Commitment to developing your Māori cultural capability
- Ability in a range of IT systems including membership, events, and webinar systems and the MS Office suite
- Strong relationship building capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Personable, genuine and customer focused
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 17 August 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: