Thames Coromandel District Coordinator
Sport Waikato - Thames Coromandel District Coordinator
Sport Waikato is seeking an active and inspiring communicator with a passion for physical activity to be our next Thames Coromandel District Coordinator.
Based in the Thames Coromandel District Office in Thames the ideal candidate will work as part of the Thames Coromandel District Hub and District Coordinators team at Sport Waikato. District Coordinators are young at heart, confident and inspire people to get out there and active. The Thames Coromandel District includes: Thames, Whitianga, Whangamata, Tairua and Coromandel townships.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver on the goals of Moving Waikato 2025, particularly increasing the number of individuals in the community who meet the physical activity guidelines every week.
This role is intended to meet the identified district need for the provision of sport recreation and physical activity as per a contract between the Thames Coromandel District Council and Sport Waikato. This is aimed at developing a healthy, vibrant, physically active and successful sporting Thames Coromandel District.
This is a permanent full time position.
To be considered for this role you will:
• Know and understand the diverse needs of the Thames Coromandel District and be well connected within sport and recreation
• An ability to "Walk the Talk 'and be a great role model with an active and energetic approach to life
• Experience working in the physical activity, recreation and sport sector
• Have an ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
• Experience in effective facilitation, project delivery and community development
• Ability to think strategically
• Experience in building effective working relationships, demonstrating leadership and ability to relate to people at all levels
• An ability to provide sound advice, share best practice and empower community groups including sports clubs, recreation groups, event providers and schools.
These skills and experience will be ideally supported by exceptional administration, communication and multitasking skills and interpersonal and relationship building skills. The ideal candidate will also be competent with major software packages e.g. Microsoft Office and have a full driver's license.
If this sounds like you, please apply online including your CV and cover letter www.sportwaikato.org.nz, or by post to: Human Resources, Sport Waikato, PO Box 46, Hamilton 3240. Please indicate which position/s you are applying for.
For more information please contact District Coordinator Team Leader, Julie Stephenson on 027 486 4955.
Note: successful applicants will be required to be Police vetted. Sport Waikato is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
Sport Waikato is a Charitable Trust with the vision "Everyone out there and active."