Downer - Contract Manager
Our Waitaki (Oamaru) based team have an exciting opportunity to join the Downer family as the Contract Manager in the Open Space Management team, were you will be looking after the beautiful Parks and Reserves of the Waitaki District, including the Oamaru Botanic Gardens.
This role will provide management primarily on key maintenance contract; working collaboratively with the client, delivering on contract requirements, optimising resource use and achieving target results. The role will work collaboratively across sectors, and works with the client to ensure seamless delivery and outcomes. This is a great role for a driven individual looking to make their mark!
About the role:
You will engage staff, develop and maintain strong client relationships, and above all drive the business unit in the right direction. This is a diverse and challenging role that includes both office and site based activities.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for:
• Contract management, financial management, administration, and programming
• Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Planning and programming contract operations, using job management software
• Planning, programming and tendering of project work
• Safety, quality and environmental risk management
• Management of contractual issues and project documentation
• Establishing control framework and monitor process including project budgets and resource management
• Tertiary qualification, preferably in Horticulture or proven relevant industry experience
• Proven successful contract management experience
• Proven experience at delivering results in a commercially competitive environment where a focus on customer service and operational excellence is paramount
• Experience in relating to operational staff at all levels of an organisation
• Excellent communication skills, strong problem solving skills, clear demonstration of a collaborative approach
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and job management software
• Class 1 Drivers License
What could be in it for you?
• Competitive remuneration package and benefits
• Part of a growing south island OSM team
• An opportunity to advance your career in a leading organisation!
• A strong focus on training and development
• Be part of a supportive and collaborative environment
• The chance to influence and contribute to the OSM leadership team
This could be an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team and an organisation that values people as its number one asset.
Submit your interest by www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 553641 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.