Community Parks & Property Adviser - Manawatu District Council
- Provide effective contract management of the Manawatū District's Open Spaces services
- Champion the vision for all our Community members throughout the Manawatū District's Open Spaces
- Be part of a tight-knit, supportive team working together to enhance the Manawatū regions Assets, Parks and Property to enable a positive experience for our Community
With around 200 staff, the Manawatū District Council is big enough to provide career growth and progression opportunities, but small enough that you can get to know everyone in the team. We're committed to delivering great services and making a real difference for our community.
The role is focused on the maintenance, enhancement and development of the Manawatū District's open Spaces. Working as a key member in the Assets Management team, priority focus areas include:
- Management of the parks, grounds and facilities management contract;
- Delivery of projects; and
- Community Asset Management and Development.
Skills and experience
You'll need to be practical, a problem solver, and customer focused with:
- At least 3 years' experience in contract management, administration and monitoring as well as managing project work
- A sound knowledge of asset management and parks and property services backed with at least 5 years experience in open spaces activities, or recreation management
- Demonstrable computer skills in corporate and project management systems and applications
What we'll offer
- An opportunity to use your experience, vision and skills to shape the future of your community
- A collaborative and supportive team working environment
How to apply
Sound like you? Please click the ‘apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about the role, contact Carl Johnstone, the Community Assets Manager on 06 323 0000, or email email@example.com.
To apply for this job go to: https://mdccareers.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6342140.
Applications close 11 June 2023