Aquatic Assistant Learn to Swim Instructors - Whakatane District Council
Would you like to work with an awesome team that is passionate about delivering a top-quality aquatic service to our community?
Come and join our Aquatics and Recreation team now!
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we're passionate about a lot of things. We're passionate about delivering well-needed services, and providing what is needed to support our communities to be the best they can be. We want to make sure we support our vision of being the place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're committed to upholding the Treaty of Waitangi and establishing effective relationships to strengthen partnerships with whānau, hapū and iwi. Working with us means being part of a close-knit, customer-focused team in one of New Zealand's sunniest locations. We pride ourselves on employing talented professionals who like to have fun, embrace our values of trust, excellence, learning and teamwork and enjoy living in our superb environment. Come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life.
We have a number of vacancies for Aquatic Assistant - Learn to Swim Instructors working in our Learn to Swim School. This role involves running swimming lessons for a range of different age groups of children, with a range of hours available.
We'll provide the support and professional development, you'll provide the skills. To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong swimming skills - Swimming is our business so you'll feel comfortable and confident in the water
- A positive attitude, dedication to being an exceptional team player, enthusiasm and motivation to get stuck into whatever the day brings!
- Outstanding communication skills - you will enjoy interacting with children and have the patience to teach core skills repetitively to small groups
- Great time management - this position is part-time working on a roster from Monday to Sunday, which means working on the weekends and Public Holidays
- A passion for great customer service - we're focused on delivering top-quality service and facility to our community and you need to share that enthusiasm
- Professionalism at all times - you'll be able to exercise sound judgement and support your colleagues when needed.
- A dedication to continuous improvement, both in our environment and personally - we have a great development framework so you'll also be continuously developing your skills
- Above all else, a good sense of humour and a great work ethic - all with a big smile!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Andrew Smith, Manager Aquatics & Recreation Centre, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
To apply for this job go to: https://whakatanecareers.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5675894.
Applications close 22 October 2021