Parks Week 2018 was a huge success with hundreds of organisations across Australia and New Zealand holding events to celebrate the vital role parks play in creating liveable cities and thriving communities.
The week saw councils and other organisations on both sides of the Tasman running engaging events to raise awareness on the value of parks and open spaces, and to get people out of their living rooms and enjoying the outdoors.
Taking place from 9 March to 17 March 2019, we want to make this years Parks Week even bigger and spread the word that:
- Visiting parks is good for your physical and mental well-being.
- Healthy parks are an essential ingredient for healthy people.
- Parks support health and well-being, enhance the ability to cope with and recover from illness and injury and help to reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Parks build stronger and connected communities by providing places where people come together for leisure.
- Parks provide environmental benefits to our cities.