Recreation creates great New Zealanders. It is a catalyst for healthy people, connected communities and a strong economy. Despite this, central government recreation investment remains limited and local government spending is falling. A change of thinking is required.
NZRA is your respected, representative and credible ‘voice’ for the industry and these are our advocacy priorities.
- Priority One: Greater recognition of the economic and social value of recreation
- Priority Two: Grow local and central government investment in recreation
- Priority Three: More development opportunities for recreation workers to support a sustainable industry that meets the needs and expectations of participants
We are here to support you and have put together a cheat sheet to guide you in your own advocacy
Take a look at our latest advocacy stories:
- Talking recreation with NZ's political parties
- Tongariro mixed-use mountain-biking tracks
- NZRA concerned about $2M decrease in recreation spending for DoC
- Disappointment for NZ recreation industry as budget remains static
- Tourism Infrastructure Budget Announcement
- NZRA Submission on Clean Water 2017
If you would like to talk to our Advocacy Manager, Sam Newton, regarding the issues we are advocating on, you can contact him here