NZRA and Xyst have teamed up with Get Smart to bring you a new and improved tool for surveying your customers: Yardstick getsmart.
- Simple and easy to use
- Accurate and reliable
- Immediate, sustainable and flexible
The tool is available now for leisure facilities and a tool for parks will soon also be on the market. Find out more about this important new initiative.
Yardstick is an International project operating in eight countries, with Leisurecheck currently operating in New Zealand and Australia.
Yardstick is owned by the New Zealand Recreation Association and operates internationally through collaborative agreements with industry organisations in the respective countries. Project development and delivery is undertaken through a partnership between NZRA and parks and recreation consultants Xyst Ltd.
Key success factors
For a benchmarking programme to be successful, Yardstick believes there are three critical factors:
- Open reporting: This enables direct organisation-to-organisation comparisons to be made and also for members to be able to self select their own peer group of similar or neighbouring organisations for more accurate comparison. Sharing of information is also made easier, with individual organisations able to be identified and contacted to request information, copies of polices etc.
- Data is accurate, consistent and independently verified: On-site auditing of Management Measures information ensures questions are consistently and accurately responded to and information supplied is factually correct.
- Industry driven: The information collected must be practical and meet the needs of parks/greenspace managers. Yardstick questions and annual reports are reviewed annually by a panel of park managers ensuring that questions are relevant, and if necessary adjusted to reflect industry needs.
Specific benefits to membership include:
- Collection of data for developing an overarching park and facility strategies
- Enabling direct comparison of in-house service delivery with outsourced service delivery models
- Providing consistency of management approaches, levels of service development and delivery, and corporate performance measure reporting
- Demonstrating where the organisation is achieving (and driving) best practice within the industry, and setting the pace for establishing world class practice
Read more about: