Parkcheck offers industry leading edge benchmarking services that are fully supported by, and of benefit to, the parks and green space industry.
It provides a proven and sustainable delivery model with opportunities for benchmarking globally, with the project, in addition to New Zealand, currently operating in Australia, Denmark, Finland, Norway, South Africa and Canada.
Yardstick provides reliable, open and transparent reporting of information that maximises the potential for effective benchmarking, comparison between organisations and ultimately performance improvement.
An organisation's participation in Parkcheck will ensure that it can compare and measure the performance of its parks and park assets against others in its country, to help ensure it strives for best practice.
The participation of each organisation strengthens the data set and enhances the ability to encourage participation by other (particularly neighbouring) organisations, which will then provide a strong database of park management information.
Parkcheck Management Measures
- Provides factual information to review performance
- Helps with cost estimating and budgeting
- Helps with negotiating rates for contract services and staff
- Provides information to undertake operational reviews
- Helps identify and drive industry best practice
- Assists with developing and driving asset management improvement
- Compares your organisation with other similar organisation
- Is a network of similar organisations learning from common experience
- Provides information for the planning of new parks and green spaces
- Provides comparative data to measure improvement over time.
Parkcheck Visitor Measures
- Is an on-the-spot intercept survey of park users
- Is carried out annually
- Identifies user demographics
- Measures user satisfaction
- Measures levels of service and levels of service gaps
- Can have specific questions added to suit your situation
- Reporting by service activity and park type to provide detailed information compared to other approaches
- Provides an independent industry endorsed result
- Enables comparative and reliable reporting
of the critical "customer satisfaction" performance indicator.
Other Visitor Measures options
In addition to the main summer survey, Yardstick also runs:
- Winter surveys - these are primarily focused on sportsfield users, and
- Door to door surveys - These enable in-depth collection of views and usage of local or neighbourhood parks, where low usage levels make user information difficult to collect with regular park intercept survey's.
Key Performance Indicators
A set of 20 key performance indicators which represent the core best practice for the delivery and management of parks services are now included in the Management Measures survey. These indicators cover the key aspects of parks provision and management tasks to provide an assessment tool to measure overall performance of your organisation's parks service. These KPI's can also be used directly as part of your own organisation's reporting requirements. KPI's developed and measured annually by an independent organisation have clear benefits against the traditional approach of in-house measurement.
Download the General Prospectus for Parkcheck (link) or visit the Yardstick Global website for additional information.
For more information about Parkcheck please contact Jude Rawcliffe
Parks and Open Space Project Manager
+64 27 353 5532